24/7 Plumber

Call  1300 931 384

Importance of Carbon Monoxide Testing.

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that is released into the air mostly by home appliances. If inhaled, it replaces the oxygen in the body, which can lead to tissue damage, and in worst cases death. This is mainly caused by improper ventilation particularly in an enclosed space in our homes or business premises. Carbon monoxide gas is more dangerous due to its characteristics of being colorless, tasteless, and odorless. This factor puts the lives of many people in danger of inhaling the gas without being detected.

Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing has the solution to carbon monoxide testing. We have experts who will inspect your home or business for CO gas using the latest gas detecting equipment. We are well known for rescuing families from the dangers of the CO gas that can result in damages that can be avoided if handled on time. Over the years, we have gained the experience of handling any emergency gas leak cases. We provide our services on a 24-hour basis, giving you the assurance and protection you deserve.

Causes of Carbon Monoxide (CO)

The CO gas is produced by various sources that burn fuel, many of these products surround us, and we frequently use them in our day-to-day activities, sources like fireplaces, charcoal grills, gas appliances, cars, and wood stoves. We interact daily with these things and some of them are hard to live without hence it is good to understand how to use them to avoid the dangers they may pose to our health. If these products were installed correctly in a professional manner and we use them properly, we will prevent carbon monoxide from building up in the property and have nothing to fear.

The plumbers from Melbourne 24 hour Plumbing can perform carbon monoxide testing on your home to ensure there are no gas leaks and the ventilators are working properly. Our plumbers are certified and trained on how to handle gas leaks. We perform a full test and give a report to our clients of the work done and recommend changes where we might see future risks. We also give a gas safety certificate to business and homes that we have inspected. Our certification is recognized by the government and can be used as proof that a gas inspection was done.

Health complications of CO

The degree and duration of exposure to carbon monoxide may cause different health problems including:

  • Permanent brain damage
  •  Heart complications
  •  Miscarriage
  •  In the worst cases death.

Symptoms and signs of carbon monoxide

You should look out for the following signs and symptoms in your home or business. If you suspect it might be a CO gas leak, immediately call for help from a Melbourne gas plumber and get a carbon monoxide test done. 

  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Dizziness
  • Blurred vision
  • Headache

The gas is extremely dangerous and poisonous, especially if it occurs at night and people are sleeping in a room that is not well ventilated. If the gas is inhaled in high volumes, it can cause death without anyone noticing its presence. Those who are at high risk include unborn children, young children, older adults, and persons suffering from chronic heart diseases due to their higher and frequent breathing patterns.

How to detect its presence

  • For full combustion to occur the gas produced must be fully burned, if you detect a change in flames produced this might be an early sign.
  • Presence of soot and smoke in the building from a chimney.
  • Stuffy air in the room
  • Fallen soot in fireplaces
  • Slow-burning fires from solid fuel products
  • Brownish-yellow stains on leaking appliances.

If you detect any of the above-mentioned happening in your house or business, call Melbourne 24 hour Plumbing to perform carbon monoxide testing to see if there are any leaks that may cause the CO gas.

Ways to get rid of CO

  • Evacuate the premises if suspecting the presence of CO gas.
  • Ventilate the area with fresh air open windows and doors to allow fresh air to get in.
  • Turn off appliances and call for repairs immediately.
  • Regularly (yearly) get a technician to do a carbon monoxide test.
  • Ensure all ventilators are working properly.

We provide the residents of Melbourne with many services, including emergency plumbing services, gas plumbing, new pipe installation, burst pipes repairs, blocked drains, sewer jetting, drain cameras, leaking taps, hot water system installations etc. Our technicians are a phone call away and will be glad to respond to any queries.

Reach us on our website for more information or call us at 1300 931 384.

 

Spread the love
  •   
  •   
  •   

Posted in: Blog

Leave a Comment (0) ↓
man small