24/7 Plumber

Call  1300 931 384

Trust Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing for All Your Carbon Monoxide Testing Needs

Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas, which is lighter than air. Mostly, it is found in areas around a combustion source where oxygen is low and cannot complete fuel combustion in use. It is essential to have regular carbon monoxide testing in your property or business since the gas is tasteless, odorless, non-irritating, and colorless. It is impossible to detect the highly toxic gas without testing for its presence with advanced equipment and tools in the hands of experienced experts like Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing.

We have a team of highly skilled technicians with decades of experience in carbon monoxide testing. We understand that the highly toxic gas is produced from various sources, including those that property owners ignore. The gas is commonly emitted by older furnaces, gas water heaters, full HVAC system electric ovens, and water heaters, among other appliances. That is why we use the latest equipment and tools to ensure not to miss any carbon monoxide present in your business or residence.

What to do if carbon monoxide is present in your property

If you suspect the presence of carbon monoxide in your residential or commercial property, contact Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing immediately for an effective solution. We are available round the clock and ready to respond to our customers’ carbon monoxide testing emergencies even in the middle of the night.

We respond fast to our customers’ emergencies since we understand the health issues that the gas can cause. Our plumbers respond with a fully equipped truck ready to handle carbon monoxide leaks of any magnitude in the affected property. Our technicians will provide you with documents such as:

  • A comprehensive report for all conducted tasks
  • Carbon monoxide test report
  • Gas safety certificate

Our friendly plumbers are always ready to work closely with our customers. We update our customer every step we take and advise them accordingly.

Some of the warning signs of carbon monoxide

Normally, when carbon monoxide is released in small amounts in your property by heating equipment, it does not build up inside since it is vented outside. However, when there is leakage that causes a high rate of carbon monoxide in a poorly vented property, it can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. To avoid this “silent killer” from affecting you and your family or employees, it is essential to note some of the common signs of carbon monoxide leaks in your property. They include:

  • Brownish-yellow or sooty stains around the leaking appliances.
  • Fallen soot in fireplaces.
  • A pilot light that malfunctions frequently.
  • Heavy condensation on windows next to the appliance – if you have taken measures to reduce moisture production in your property, this is a good indicator.
  • Stuffy, stale, overheating, or burning odor.
  • Gas flames burning orange or yellow but not blue.

However, if you are late detecting the presence of carbon monoxide leakage, you need to take quick action if you notice early symptoms such as:

  • Consistent headaches
  • Strange feeling
  • Tiredness
  • Chest pains
  • Feeling dizzy

How to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning

Regularly maintain and properly vent fuel-burning appliances.

It is vital to be aware of the appliances in your property that are fuel-burning and maintain them properly. Vent these appliances to the outside and ensure to involve an experienced heating contractor at least twice a year to check for any potential problems.

Avoid using outdoor appliances indoors.

Barbecue grills, gas-powered lawn equipment, camp stoves, and portable generators should not be used indoors. During winter, avoid using an oven to heat your property. This can lead to a fire hazard and carbon monoxide poisoning. Also, do not run your vehicle in an attached garage since it produces carbon monoxide at a high rate.

Install carbon monoxide alarms in your property

It is essential to install and maintain a carbon monoxide alarm within at least 10 feet of every room used for sleeping. Get carbon monoxide alarms that conform to the (UL) Underwriters Laboratory standards. When installing the alarms, ensure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and note the suggested replacement dates.

Other common preventions of carbon monoxide poisoning include checking appliances regularly and ensuring an expert cleans all flues and chimneys.

Regular carbon monoxide testing by a certified professional is essential to protect your family and employees from health issues that the toxic gas causes. Contact Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing at 1300 931 384 for effective carbon monoxide testing. We also offer repairs to gas plumbing, leaking taps, hot water systems, burst pipes, etc. Your property’s safety is our priority.

 

Spread the love
  •   
  •   
  •   

Posted in: Blog

Leave a Comment (0) ↓
man small