When it comes to home renovations, also known as remodeling, most people focus on the bathroom and the kitchen since these are the most used areas. Renovating your bathroom and kitchen is a great way of increasing your property value. The results of your kitchen and bathroom renovation can be very satisfying. Through the renovation, you can make these areas appear the way you want. When you renovate your kitchen, for example, you will be able to replace outdated and old appliances with new and energy-efficient models. If you plan to sell your property, old kitchens and bathrooms may turn away potential buyers. Upgrading your kitchen and bathroom will greatly increase the number of potential buyers. Here are more reasons you should opt for bathroom and kitchen renovations in your Melbourne home.
The benefits of opting for kitchen and bathroom remodeling
- Increase your property’s value: As aforementioned, the main reason why most homeowners choose to renovate their kitchens and bathrooms is to improve their property’s value and especially if they have plans of selling it in the future.
- Enhance your happiness: By renovating your home, you will have the opportunity to add the items and fixtures that make you happy. You can also incorporate the colors that brighten your day. By doing so and especially in the kitchen, you will always enjoy working there.
- Update your kitchen or bathroom: As aforementioned, by renovating your home, you will have an opportunity to remove the old appliances in your kitchen. You will also remove the old fixtures like sinks from your bathroom and replace them with modern ones.
- Get more out of the available space: Your bathroom or kitchen could have a lot of space that is not in use. Some of the cabinets in these areas could also be taking more space than necessary. You can replace larger cabinets or closets in your bathroom with modern cabinets that can hold electrical outlets for charging appliances such as electric razors and toothbrushes. You can also have the contractor you have hired make custom spaces to hold a drying rack or a laundry basket. You can also have larger cabinets replaced with open shelving, custom storage, and cupboards for fresh and used clothes. When it comes to the kitchen, you can choose to replace hard-to-reach cabinets with open storage spaces. Generally, there are countless options for bathroom and kitchen renovations.
- Kitchen and bathroom remodeling helps you create your style: Maybe you don’t like the way your kitchen and bathroom look, and you have always been looking for an opportunity to make these spaces appear as you have always dreamt of. The good news is that it is possible to get your dream kitchen or bathroom. You only need to look for professional contractors or plumbers such as the Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing for all your renovation needs.
- Renovations help you to add functional features: Some of the functional features you can add in your bathroom through renovation include shower screens, slip-resistant flooring, and non-slip shower bases, among others.
- Through renovation, you can fix underlying problems such as cracked sinks and leaking pipes.
- Through renovations, you can also opt for smarter kitchen and bathroom designs.
Things to consider once you decide to renovate your kitchen and bathroom
Before starting bathroom and kitchen renovations, you should ensure that you have set apart the money needed to complete this project. It is also advisable to consult with a professional plumber before starting anything. Consulting with a plumber in the initial stages of bathroom or kitchen renovation plans is important. The professional will advise you on various things, including the best position to place fixtures like showers, baths, basins, and toilets. The professional will not just choose any position. They will consider running drainage pipes and water pipes to these fixtures and settle for the best position. The plumber will also determine whether it is important to install a drainage outlet on the floor or not. Professional plumbers such as Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing also have close working relationships with builders and carpenters, and they can plan with them to ensure that the project is successful. They can also give you a rough estimate of the funds you should expect to part with.
Reasons why you should only hire professionals to renovate your kitchen or bathroom
You should not work with just anyone who comes your way and claims they are a qualified plumber. Hiring a reputable plumbing company comes with the following benefits:
- Experience: Experienced plumbers know all possible pitfalls and unforeseen issues. Having been offering renovation services for a long time, they know how to avoid such pitfalls and deal with unforeseen issues. Such professionals can also complete the task on time and within your budget.
- High-quality job: professional plumbers can also leave your kitchen and bathroom both attractive and efficient.
- Licensed and insured: A reputable plumbing company is also licensed and insured, meaning that it has all it takes to handle a renovation task. They are also insured, meaning that you will not be held liable in case anything occurs whilst they are working on your property.
At Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing, we are experienced, trained, skilled, licensed, and insured to handle all renovation tasks. Apart from renovating your kitchen and bathroom, we also offer other plumbing services like hot water system installation, fixing leaking taps, unblocking blocked drains, gas plumbing services, and carbon monoxide testing, among other services. You can contact us today at 1300 931 384. We can attend to all your needs effectively and efficiently.