- No hot water
- Insufficient hot water
- Rust colored water
- Rotten egg odor
- Low rumbling or popping noise
- Higher pitched whining
- Water leaking around base of the hot water system
Before any troubleshooting is done, make sure to prepare safely for the job by doing the following:
- Turn off power to your electric hot water system Melbourne. Do this by turning off the circuit breaker or fuse powering the hot water system Melbourne.
- Turn the gas pilot control valve to “pilot” setting.
- Shut off the water supply to the hot water system Melbourne.
Let’s look at each problem and what possible causes and repairs exist.
Your Hot Water System Melbourne has No Hot Water Flow
- Faulty gas pilot light
- Faulty gas thermocouple
- Faulty gas pilot control valve
- Check that the gas pilot flame and pilot is operational.
- Re-tighten, reposition or replace the gas thermocouple.
- Replace the gas pilot control valve.
Your Hot Water System Melbourne has Insufficient Hot Water
- Hot water system is undersized for water heating demands
- Broken or damaged dip tube allowing cold and hot water to mix in the tank.
- Faulty plumbing installation has crossed cold and hot water connections
- Gas supply or control problems
- Make sure the hot water system is not being overtaxed by hot water supply demands. The hot water system should have 75% of its capacity as hot water (e.g., a 40-gallon WH should be used for a demand of 30 gallons).
- Undo the cold-water inlet and pipe nipple and remove dip tube. Check the condition and replace if required.
- Check for crossed connection by turning off the water supply to the hot water system Open a hot water faucet. If there is water flow, then there is a crossed connection somewhere. Check for a hot water line connected to a cold-water connection on the hot water system Melbourne or appliances such as washer, dishwasher, faucet or shower valves.
- Check for a proper flame from the burner. A natural gas flame should be bright blue with the tip of the flame having just a tinge of yellow. A propane flame should have a bluish green flame with a tinge of yellow at the tip.
Your Hot Water System Melbourne has Rust Colored Water
- Corrosion occurring inside glass lined tank
- Sacrificial anode rod is failing (anode rods dissolve slowly to prevent rusting in the tank)
- Replace the sacrificial anode rod with magnesium anode rod. Anode rods are available from a plumbing supply house.
Your Hot Water System Melbourne has a Rotten Egg Smell
- Bacteria in the tank sediment fed from hydrogen gas created from decay of sacrificial anode.
- Flush the hot water system using a hydrogen peroxide solution of 2 pints 3% peroxide to 40 gallons of water, treat tank and run some of the solution into water lines.
- Let peroxide solution set in the tank and pipes for 2 hours. The Solution is not toxic and requires no rinsing.
- If the problem persists, replace the anode with a zinc-alloy anode.
- If the problem remains, replace the hot water system Melbourne with a plastic lined tank type.
Your Hot Water System Melbourne has a Low Rumbling or Popping Noise
- Noise heard is the sound of boiling water. Excessive buildup of sediment in bottom of the tank is causing overheating of the tank bottom and boiling of water to occur.
- Remove sediment by flushing the hot water system
Your Hot Water System Melbourne has a Water Leak Around the Base of Heater
- A faulty T&P (temperature and pressure) relief valve
- The T&P valve leaks due to excessive pressure, overheating or is stuck
- A leak from overhead or nearby plumbing connection
- A leaking water tank (corrosion likely)
- Place the bucket under overflow pipe. Open and flush T&P valve clear of debris. If the leak remains from the valve, replace the valve.
- Reduce the thermostat setting to prevent tank overheating and opening T&P relief valve.
- Inspect bottom of the tank by looking through the combustion chamber. If water marks or heavy rusting is noticed or if water is noticed setting in the combustion chamber bottom, then the water heater needs to be replaced.
Get in touch with a professional plumbing business such as Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing
Tags: 24 hour plumber melbourne, blocked drain melbourne, Blocked toilet Melbourne, Emergency Plumber, gas plumber melbourne, hot water system melbourne, Melbourne Plumber, Plumber Abbotsford, Plumber Aberfeldie, Plumber Airport West, Plumber Albert Park, Plumber Alphington, plumber Armadale, Plumber Ascot Vale, Plumber Ashburton, Plumber Attwood, Plumber Avondale Heights, Plumber Balaclava, Plumber Balwyn, plumber Baxter, plumber Beaconsfield, plumber Berwick, Plumber Bon Beach, Plumber Box Hill, Plumber Brighton, Plumber Brunswick, Plumber Burwood, Plumber Camberwell, Plumber Carlton, plumber Carnegie, Plumber Carrum, Plumber Carrum Downs, Plumber Caulfield, plumber Caulfield East, plumber Caulfield North, plumber Caulfield South, Plumber CBD, Plumber Chelsea, plumber Cheltenham, plumber Clyde, plumber Clyde North, Plumber Coburg, Plumber Cranbourne, Plumber Doncaster, Plumber Donvale, Plumber Dromana, Plumber Eaglemont, Plumber East Melbourne, Plumber Edithvale, Plumber Elsternwick, Plumber Elwood, plumber Endeavour Hills, Plumber Essendon, Plumber Fairfield, Plumber Fawkner, Plumber Fishermans Bend, plumber Fitzroy, Plumber Flemington, Plumber Frankston, Plumber Garden City, Plumber Gardenvale, Plumber Gladstone Park, Plumber Glen Huntly, Plumber Glen Iris, Plumber Glenroy, Plumber Gowanbrae, Plumber Hadfield, plumber Hallam, Plumber Hampton, plumber Hampton Park, plumber Hawthorn, Plumber Heatherton, Plumber Heidelberg, Plumber Highett, Plumber Ivanhoe, Plumber Jacana, Plumber Jolimont, Plumber Karingal, Plumber Keilor, Plumber Kensington, plumber Kew, Plumber Kingsbury, Plumber Langwarrin, Plumber Lower Plenty, plumber Lynbrook, plumber Lyndhurst, Plumber Lysterfield, Plumber Macleod, Plumber Malvern, Plumber McKinnon, Plumber Meadow Heights, Plumber Melbourne, Plumber Mentone, Plumber Middle Park, Plumber Mitcham, Plumber Mont Albert, Plumber Montmorency, Plumber Moonee Ponds, Plumber Moonee Vale, Plumber Moorabbin, Plumber Mordialloc, Plumber Mornington, plumber Mount Eliza, plumber Mount Martha, Plumber Mount Waverly, Plumber Mulgrave, Plumber Murrumbeena, plumber Narre Warren, Plumber Newport, Plumber Niddrie, Plumber Noble Park, Plumber North Melbourne, Plumber Northcote, Plumber Notting Hill, Plumber Nunawading, Plumber Oak Park, Plumber Oakleigh, plumber Officer, Plumber Park Orchards, Plumber Pascoe Vale, Plumber Patterson Lakes, plumber Pearcedale, Plumber Port Melbourne, Plumber Portsea, Plumber Prahran, Plumber Preston, Plumber Princes Hill, Plumber Reservoir, Plumber Richmond, Plumber Ringwood, Plumber Ripponlea, Plumber Rosanna, Plumber Rosebud, Plumber Rowville, Plumber Rye, Plumber Safety Beach, Plumber Sandhurst, Plumber Sandringham, Plumber Scoresby, Plumber Seaford, Plumber Seddon, Plumber Skye, Plumber Sorrento, Plumber South Melbourne, Plumber South Yarra, Plumber Southbank, Plumber Spotswood, Plumber Springvale, Plumber St Kilda, Plumber Strathmore, Plumber Surrey Hills, Plumber Templestowe, Plumber Thornbury, Plumber Toorak, Plumber Travancore, Plumber Tullamarine, Plumber Vermont, Plumber Viewbank, Plumber Wantirna, Plumber Waterways, Plumber Watsonia, Plumber West Melbourne, Plumber Westmeadows, Plumber Wheelers Hill, Plumber Williams Town, Plumber Yallambie, Plumber Yarraville, Plumbers Melbourne, plumbing Melbourne
Posted in: BlogLeave a Comment (0) ↓