Bathroom Plumbing Tips to prevent a Blocked Drain Melbourne
- Having guests visiting for the holidays leads to increases in toilet use, so be sure to tell your guests not to put sanitary products, napkins, or baby wipes in the toilet. Not everyone knows that these items belong in the trash and not in the toilet!
- Ask your guests to use all the toilets in the house to reduce the load on a single toilet and decrease the chance of it getting backed up.
- Make sure there are no items on top of the toilet tank lid and remove any items you may have hanging near or over the toilet bowl. Guests are not used to the way things are positioned in your home and they may accidentally knock an object into the toilet!
- In case of a blockage in your toilet, do not keep flushing: use a plunger to try and dislodge the blocked drain Melbourne.
- If your toilet keeps running on, check the position of the flapper inside the tank. It must fit over the hole in the base of the tank, if it’s not fitting properly, use the shut off valve, which is normally located under the tank.
- Place hair traps in all showers and tub drains, as you will have extra guests taking showers and that will add to the amount of hair going down the drain.
Kitchen Plumbing Tips to Prevent a Blocked Drain Melbourne
- A lot of cooking will be happening in your kitchen during the holidays. Make sure that whoever is helping you in the kitchen knows what should go in the trash, what can go in the bio container and what ought to go in the garbage disposal (if you have one).
- Avoid putting pasta, rice, coffee grounds, bones, potato skins, egg shells, lettuce or any large amounts of food down the garbage disposal. Remember to run cold water when using it.
- Be sure tonever pour that turkey grease or ham fat down the drain and if you don’t have a garbage disposal make sure you have a strainer in your sinks.
- If your kitchen sink (or any sinks!) gets blocked use vinegar and baking soda solution to help unclog your blocked drain Melbourne.
- For dishwashers, make sure you’re removing the food scraps from the dishes and cutlery and rinsing them in the sink so that the debris doesn’t block the dishwasher water line.
What to Do if you Have a Blocked Drain Melbourne
If you follow the above advice it should help to keep your drainage system in good running order.
If a blocked drain Melbourne should happen don’t panic! Have a good look down the drain and if possible, you may be able to remove the cause. If you have a plunger give it a try failing which you could purchase a drain cleaning product from the supermarket or your local hardware store.
If all the above fails it’s time to call your local Melbourne 24 hour plumbing. They have the equipment knowledge and spares to sort your problem out quickly and safely.
Tags: 24 hour plumber melbourne, blocked drain melbourne, Blocked toilet Melbourne, Emergency Plumber, gas plumber melbourne, hot water system melbourne, Melbourne Plumber, Plumber Abbotsford, Plumber Aberfeldie, Plumber Airport West, Plumber Albert Park, Plumber Alphington, plumber Armadale, Plumber Ascot Vale, Plumber Ashburton, Plumber Attwood, Plumber Avondale Heights, Plumber Balaclava, Plumber Balwyn, plumber Baxter, plumber Beaconsfield, plumber Berwick, Plumber Bon Beach, Plumber Box Hill, Plumber Brighton, Plumber Brunswick, Plumber Burwood, Plumber Camberwell, Plumber Carlton, plumber Carnegie, Plumber Carrum, Plumber Carrum Downs, Plumber Caulfield, plumber Caulfield East, plumber Caulfield North, plumber Caulfield South, Plumber CBD, Plumber Chelsea, plumber Cheltenham, plumber Clyde, plumber Clyde North, Plumber Coburg, Plumber Cranbourne, Plumber Doncaster, Plumber Dromana, Plumber Elsternwick, Plumber Elwood, plumber Endeavour Hills, Plumber Essendon, plumber Fitzroy, Plumber Frankston, Plumber Glen Iris, plumber Hallam, Plumber Hampton, plumber Hampton Park, plumber Hawthorn, Plumber Heatherton, Plumber Heidelberg, Plumber Highett, Plumber Ivanhoe, Plumber Jacana, Plumber Jolimont, Plumber Karingal, Plumber Keilor, Plumber Kensington, plumber Kew, Plumber Kingsbury, Plumber Langwarrin, Plumber Lower Plenty, plumber Lynbrook, plumber Lyndhurst, Plumber Macleod, Plumber Malvern, Plumber McKinnon, Plumber Meadow Heights, Plumber Melbourne, Plumber Mentone, Plumber Middle Park, Plumber Mont Albert, Plumber Montmorency, Plumber Moonee Ponds, Plumber Moonee Vale, Plumber Moorabbin, Plumber Mordialloc, Plumber Mornington, plumber Mount Eliza, plumber Mount Martha, Plumber Murrumbeena, plumber Narre Warren, Plumber Niddrie, Plumber Noble Park, Plumber North Melbourne, Plumber Northcote, Plumber Notting Hill, Plumber Oak Park, Plumber Oakleigh, plumber Officer, Plumber Pascoe Vale, Plumber Patterson Lakes, plumber Pearcedale, Plumber Port Melbourne, Plumber Portsea, Plumber Prahran, Plumber Preston, Plumber Princes Hill, Plumber Reservoir, Plumber Richmond, Plumber Ripponlea, Plumber Rosanna, Plumber Rosebud, Plumber Rye, Plumber Safety Beach, Plumber Sandhurst, Plumber Sandringham, Plumber Seaford, Plumber Skye, Plumber Sorrento, Plumber South Melbourne, Plumber South Yarra, Plumber Southbank, Plumber Springvale, Plumber St Kilda, Plumber Strathmore, Plumber Surrey Hills, Plumber Templestowe, Plumber Thornbury, Plumber Toorak, Plumber Travancore, Plumber Tullamarine, Plumber Viewbank, Plumber Waterways, Plumber Watsonia, Plumber West Melbourne, Plumber Westmeadows, Plumber Wheelers Hill, Plumber Williams Town, Plumber Yallambie, Plumbers Melbourne, plumbing Melbourne
Posted in: BlogLeave a Comment (0) ↓