Many people like to attempt to fix their plumbing problems themselves. Home DIY Plumbing! This is great as it can save you a heap of money. However, you must ensure that you know what you are doing. Read the article below for some tips.
When in doubt call a Melbourne Plumber
Here are some safe and simple plumbing DIY things you can do yourself, if you are relatively capable with your hands:
- Check that your sinks and toilets aren’t leaking; even small leaks can waste many liters of water! Leaks will ruin the inside of your cabinets and your floors, ultimately costing you money.
- Ensure that your toilet is not running continuously and wasting water.
- Place a pan under your water heater to check for leaks and regularly check the water temperature and pressure.
- Change or fix the toilet flapper and float.
- At least once a year, remove and clean your faucet aerators. A faucet aerator is usually located at the tip of each faucet.
- Remove your shower-head and clean the pieces in vinegar. Make sure you remember the order of the pieces to put it back correctly.
- Ensure that your pipes are not worn out.
- Maintain a clear and object free area around outside grates.
- View your water heater burner, the flame should always appear blue with yellow tips.
- Fit all showers and bathtub drains with a strainer.
Not sure if you need a Melbourne Plumber – Play it safe and call one.
If you are unsure of when to call a Melbourne plumber, it’s probably best that you call one just to be on the safe side. To make things simpler for you, here’s a handy list of when you should really turn to Melbourne Plumber experts:
- When you must replace, repair, or unblock any drains. This requires special training and the right equipment. Most store-bought augers (drain snakes) are short and cannot efficiently unclog a drain, and if not used properly they can also damage the pipes in the drain. Using chemicals such as Draino or other products is OK for very simple clogs, but anything that requires more than a couple of applications is a job for a Melbourne plumber.
- Any problems involving the water main line. Melbourne Plumber have the required equipment to shut off the water from the main line.
- Any remodeling work that requires pipes to be installed, replaced or repaired requires the services of a Melbourne Plumber.
- Anything that has to do with pressure balance issues and installation of new pressure valves requires the services of a Melbourne Plumber.
- Any project involving electrical wiring, hot water, and rewiring and installation of new hot water systems requires the services of a Melbourne Plumber.
- Most importantly, remember to shut-off your water valves before attempting to do anything related to plumbing in your home!