Over time, every household or business will face a blocked drain. It’s almost inevitable that this will occur. People throw things down the drain that will ultimately lead to the drain being blocked. Below are some signs that will help you identify when your drain is starting to block up or is blocked.
1. You will notice that multiple fixtures are not draining properly, and especially toilets. Toilets have the most direct connection to the drain, so are often the first indication. However, sinks and bathtub drains may also become slow or stop draining.
2. You will notice strange reactions when using plumbing fixtures. For example, when you flush the toilet and water coming up the bathtub drain. This is usually a clear indication of a sewer drain that is blocked.
3. You may also notice that drains are very slow to drain, they gurgle, or smell of sewage.
4. A common occurrence is that you see bubbles in the toilet. When the sewer drain line becomes blocked air becomes trapped on your end of the blockage. When you run the tap in the sink, you might see bubbles come up the toilet or see the water level rise.
5. If you have a drain clean out and know where it is located, you can check this to see if there is any visible blockage. Or if water is coming out of it, it confirms a sewer drain clog.
6. When your toilet is flushed, sewer water backs up through a low-lying drain, like your basement drain or outside patio or driveway drain.
When you run the washing machine, soapy water comes up the bathtub or toilet drain.
7. If you notice any of the above signs, it’s very likely that your sewer drain line is becoming or is blocked. This is something you need to fix as soon as possible, as it will eventually lead to a full backup, causing damage to your home and an annoyance to you. It’s also best to ensure the problem is fixed effectively the first time so the issue doesn’t happen again, which is why we encourage you to give us a professional plumber a call.
Most importantly, prevention is key, so that you don’t even come to the point of seeing any of the above signs. You can get a plumber to perform a drain camera inspection to check out your drains.
If you have an issue with a blocked drain Melbourne or hot water system Melbourne, then you need a 24 hour plumber Melbourne or an emergency plumber Melbourne to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Melbourne to help you. Its important that you have a plumber Melbourne or Melbourne plumber you can trust.
If you are having further issues, get in touch with a great plumber from Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing